- Sea Salt & Oakmoss Soy Wax Candle
- 40 hours burn time
- Hand-poured for quality assurance and reduced waste
- Soy wax for a cleaner burn without toxins or carcinogens
- Packaged in a beautiful presentation box, our candles make the perfect gift or a treat for yourself!
Why use Soy Wax?
Our candles are made of a natural soy blend of wax, so they burn at a slower rate than paraffin wax, and are much kinder to your health and environment.
Get the most out of your candle
Trim your wick
Each time you burn your candle make sure you trim the wick first.
A trimmed wick gives you a cleaner brighter flame and also prevents the black sooty stains that you see on the side of the jar.
I’m sure we have all experienced candle tunnelling at some point, this is where the candle burns a hole down the middle leaving the majority of wax around the outside of the jar.
This dramatically reduces the burn time of your candle.
Some people are surprised to find out that this has nothing to do with the quality of the candle.
It is all about the candles ‘burn memory’, and this starts from the moment you first light your candle.
The first burn is so important, and it is essential that you allow the area of melted wax (the melt pool) to reach the outside of the container.
This involves leaving it to burn a little longer than you may wish to, but it’s so important if you want to make your candle last as long as possible.
A good rule of thumb is to allow it to burn for 1 hour for every inch of the candle’s diameter.
- Place the candle on a heatproof surface, as the base of the jar can get extremely hot and could cause damage to certain surfaces.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Don’t burn your candle near to anything that could catch fire.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not place candles in a draught.
- Don’t place candles near a source of heat.
- Never burn a candle for longer than four hours at a time, as this could make the jar extremely hot and cause damage to surfaces.
- After the maximum recommended burn time, let it cool, trim the wick and relight.